Sunday, January 30, 2011

Don't Drink and Run!

Workout:  3 sweaty miles.

Saturday was another beautiful day in Texas!

Angie had a lazy morning reading "The Long Run" and sippin' coffee. Perfect!

Then the family was of to Fort Worth.  Angie let Cyn massage on the hammy, and then it was a visit to Fort Worth Running Company to get the hubby some new running shoes.  Nothing for me today! Sad face!

Sexy!

Run Forest Run!
Audrie found a new running partner.
Then we headed home for some 'King of the Hill' fun with friends.  We started the afternoon in Glo's front yard and ended the evening in Cheri's backyard by the fire. Another perfect.  Except for maybe the amount of wine we consumed.  More about that when you get to this mornings run!

The ladies chillaxin' in the beautiful weather!

Sippin' wine and icing.

The man who has to put up with Randee.  Bless his heart!

I had to go get Brittany out of bed to join us.

Wake up sleepy head and CLEAN YOUR ROOM!


Little Brittany and her 100,000,000 text for the afternoon.

Yeah, not sure what I was doing here.  I think this a great look for me though.

We ordered pizza.  Let the kids roast marshmallows.  And perhaps we might have had a bit too much wine.


Cheri and Randee - all smiles!

Randee and a blurry Glo

Um yeah, it was time to go home at this point!

So we learned a lesson last night.  Don't consume mass amounts of wine and expect to enjoy your run the next morning! 

The first words out of Brittany's mouth when Randee walked out of the house was "oh no, she looks super bitchy this morning."  She was correct!  We sweated like we were really doing something as we did our slow moving 3 miles this morning.  Thank goodness our training plan had this as a short run today.  I think there was some divine intervention on our side.  It took all we had to finish the three.  Brittany just giggled and rolled her eyes at us.  I'm not sure she enjoyed having to run our slow pace!

Due to the Super Bowl coming to town, downtown Fort Worth was kinda crazy.  Our normal parking spot was a "non parking" zone and several streets were closed except for foot traffic!  We finally found a spot and did a bit of stretching.

Self portrait!

Stretching the calf and checking out the eyebrows.

Um yeah, I don't really stretch.  I'm way to cool for that.

Then along the way we came across this.  Someone had a mighty fun Saturday night!

Nasty thong on the ground.  Brittany is convinced it was Randee's.

Run GURLS!

The bitchy runners doing what they do best.  Bitchin' and runnin'.

Brittany self portrait
Finally, we were done.  We decided to act like all the other nimrods and take pictures of all the ESPN Super Bowl hoopla. 

Everyone else seemed to be taking pics in front of this...so thought we would do the same.

The area where ESPN will broadcast live during the Super Bowl.

Downtown Fort Worth
Then it was FINALLY time for our coffee! 

Us in front of our "usual" Starbucks.  We usually end every weekend long run here!

2 Chocolate Milks.  2 Venti Lattes.  2 Ice Waters.  Same every week!

Of course they did not make Randee's coffee to suite her.  Same as every other week.  So she returned it and got yet another free coffee for our next visit. We really should try a new Starbucks.  They kind of suck at making coffee at this one!

So Brittany was right.  Randee was in a mood.

Now I am icing of course. Hopefully my afternoon will include finishing "The Long Run" and finally cleaning my house!

P.S. Talia we missed you today!  Feel better!


Do you drink and run?  Do you regret it?  What kind of weather do you prefer to run in?  Cold?  Hot?



6 comments:

  1. Haha what an exciting saturday morning run!! Can't wait for the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I still have not ate or slept so my mood is still in full swing but it's looking up. I got home and cleaned my car, did laundry(as always), cleaned my bedroom and bath. Trying to stay motivated and move up to the boys room but I think that will have to be put on the back burner. I need to take a shower and wash this nasty smell and sweat off of me!! Still smell the fire all over me, GROSS! So, at least I have been motivated today somehow, someway!

    P.S. I forgot about the bra swap. You are right, it's time to go home when that starts to happen. I know you think someday you will fill up mine but you just need to keep dreaming. It's not going to happen. Just sayin....

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was an entire group at Chicago wearing those Texas shorts. I tried to give one of them a shout out later in the race, but she didn't hear me because of her ipod and I looked ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend. Good job getting out there and getting the run done post wine consumption! I do drink and run sometimes. (Don't tell.) And as far as weather goes I say the colder the better, unless it's too cold. I think I like the 50s the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey, this kind of reminds me of our wedding night when you consumed a little too much that night as well. You were so beautiful in your WHITE wedding dress, which was the same color of all the appliances you would soon be using such as the washer, the dryer, the dishwasher, the oven (for baking me pies), etc.. Also, thanks for the 149 workout! My quads got a nice burn!

    ReplyDelete