Saturday, January 22, 2011

YogaLatesPushSetUps....How Many Can You Do?

Just ordered R and me a couple of DVD's to add to our training regimen. 

For Pilates I got Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones.


It had good reviews on Amazon.  I'm guessing we will have abs like Jillian within a week or two.

Then we really wanted to throw in some yoga for stretching and flexibility. I settled on Kundalini Yoga for Beginners & Beyond. The reviews were good, but had a lot of words I could not pronounce.


Perhaps R and I will find our inner peace and have to change the name of the blog to "The Namaste Runners."

What else...

Oh yes, I found a couple of challenges I think we all should try.

Click here to visit the the Hundred Situps Challenge. 


Click here to visit the Hundred Pushups Challenge.

They also have a Two Hundred Squats and Twenty Five Pullups Challenge.  I'm going to see if I survive the pushups and situps first, then we will add the other two!

Now I'm off to let Cyn's magic hands rub on my hammy!  Stay tuned tomorrow to see if I made it across the Too Cold To Hold finish line!  I'm optimistic the answer will be YES and the recumbent bike will be ancient history!  Wish us luck!


3 comments:

  1. Yay for two hundred sit ups! Leave it to me to like pull an ab muscle or something...I still can't do one sit up without my abs really hurting. I was going to do the initial test for the push up challenge and can't even do a push up without my abs (yes, my abs) really hurting. Hope you have better luck than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see, I think I did 33 in 2 minutes or whatever that was before the jiggle race. I know I can beat that someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start doing that again.

    ReplyDelete