Monday, May 9, 2011

120 Hour Rewind

Hold on folks.  We are about to do a quick rewind from this morning's workout all the way back to Thursday evening.  Hold on tight...here we go...

Monday morning at 4:45am - Marathon Training Day 1.  3 miles at 9:52 pace.  Our goal pace was 10:00, so we were basically right on the money.  It was in t he 70's and extremely humid.  We were both sweating like whores in church.

Day one of training...smiling at this point.  Check back with me in a couple of months.
Already bitchy and it's only day one.
Sunday was Mother's Day...just in case you did not know that.  Anyway, we spent the afternoon at my parent's house.  It was super.

My lovely parents cooked up a delish feast.
Four generations of fantastic women right there.
I considered this my personal bowl of peel and eat shrimp.  Love that stuff!

We were having crawfish, but apparently Doug thought we were smoking doobies.
I was gagging and showing off all my wrinkles.
Alecia was trying to pierce her nose.
I got Alecia from Tin Can Treader this kickbutt wine glass for Mother's Day.  The other side says Loverboy.
Sunday morning was fantastic!

This tray was delivered to my bed.

Courtesy of Audrie.  She made toast and coffee all by herself.  Then Trent wrote me a poem and Audrie made me a card.  She even adorned the tray with my flower from the Mom's Run.
Saturday night I had a lazy night at home sippin' wine and reading.

I finished this book.  Super enjoyed it.  Expect a book review soon.
Saturday Afternoon I had a marvelous massage and facial from Cynthia.

This picture is from a previous massage, but I'm sure I looked just the same lying there.

The gorgeous Cynthia.
Saturday morning Trent and I ran the Mom's Run.  You can read the race review here.

We had a great time, and ran the 5K in under 30 minutes.  Whoot.
Friday night Doug and I went out with some friends to Empa Mundo.  It was a hole in the wall and was great.

The empanadas were not gluten free.  I cut them open and ate the filling.  However, they told me if I gave them advance notice, they would make me gluten free ones next time.  Awesome!
There was definitely lots of great wine going around.  Tom & Martha tasting the Riesling.
Jim and I were chatting about scuba diving and sippin' on something red and delicious.
The owner serenaded us with a couple of songs.
Then Doug took a turn on the guitar.
Thursday night Randee and I had an impromptu Cinco de Mayo celebration.  I only had an hour while the kids were at drum and piano lessons.  Don't all good mom's gulp down margaritas while waiting on their kids?

Those things were super cheap, super strong and super yummy.
I was responsible and only had one.
We took a quick self portrait in the parking lot and then we were off to be moms again.
There you have it.  The past 120 hours of my life.  Now you can go on about your day.

Happy Monday!

1 comment: