Sunday, October 2, 2011

6 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes and 09 seconds

One week from today is the BIG day.

Apparently we are running a marathon in 6 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes and 09 seconds.  Oh crap.
Yesterday we did our last weekend run before the marathon.  It was a great day.  We went to downtown Fort Worth just like the good ol' days.  We ran our favorite 4.5 mile loop.  We pushed the speed just a little bit.  Well, Randee and I did.  I'm pretty sure little Brittany thought we were ridiculous with our huffing and puffing.  When we were done we enjoyed coffee outside in the nice cool air.  It was freaking fantastic.

Talia wasn't with us because she took her boy toy to run his first 5K at the Vineyard Run.  (Luis did awesome by the way!)

4.5 miles was so blissful we even did our own self portrait model shoot when we were done.
After we got board with that we did a little people watching.  It happened to be the day of the Gay Pride parade.  People watching was AWESOME!

Lots of rainbows.  Rainbow Superman.  The old guys on the scooters had on rainbow wigs and bandannas.  The chick in the wedding dress was doing her bridal portraits.  We missed getting a picture of the rainbow Elvis.
Then Brittany decided to show us how to liven up the party.

There were bicycle cops everywhere.  A simple request for a picture led to handcuffs and even a suggested taser.  I'm not sure who had more fun, us or the cops.
Oh yes, and let's not forget the best part.  Sing along...."How much is the sexy boy in the window?  The one with the waggly tail.  How much is that sexy boy in the window?  I do hope that boy is for sale!"

I don't know about his waggly tail, but he made some good eye candy.
Now we begin to think "What's after the marathon?"  I'll leave you with a sneak peek of what's to come.


Which seminar are you most likely to sign up for? 

This week is all about HYDRATION, REST, AND EATING GOOD.  We fly out early on Friday morning.  I can't believe it is so close!  At this point it's a mixture of excitement, disbelief and shitting my pants.

Have a great Sunday!!


4 comments:

  1. I might sign up for Randee's bitch class. What would she do about a husband sleeping past 11?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up for the vodka hydration class please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goose gives me wings -- I'll run like the wind!! Sign me up for the vodka hydration class, too!! hehe;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll be in for the vodka seminar. Thanks!


    This post was hysterical! I love the handcuffing!!

    ReplyDelete