Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Whine and Wine Wednesday

Guess what?  We worked out two days in a row.  Freaking amazing.  It's been a good four weeks since we have done so much!

Randee was in disbelief I showed up two days in a row.  She came stumbling out the door with no shoes.  I guess I should feel lucky she at least had on pants.
Um yeah.  Perhaps I'll just go back to my hands on hip pose.  This is a bit ridiculous. 
So let's get to whining, shall we?

WHINE!

I'm just becoming Ms. Mary Freaking Poppins.  Not much to whine about again today.  My house is being cleaned as I type.  My kids are all healthy again.  I leave for Chicago in less than 48 hours.  My marathon training is officially DONE!  It's a great day to be me.  Well, actually everyday is a great day to be me...but especially today!

This is pretty cool...

I went to my first swim meet last night.  See Lane 4?
That was our exchange student Alessandra in the 100 Yard Backstroke.  She not only got 1st place, but also beat the high school's record set back in 1995.  It was pretty exciting!
I'm a proud host momma!

And just so this blog does not come across as too happy sappy....

I'll throw in a little Betty White (LOVE HER!).  I'm pretty sure this is the best quote EVER!  I so wanna be just like this at her age.
And this is VERY true.
I'm seriously thinking of having this one tattooed across my forehead.
Alright, enough of that.

WINE!

I've already told you I'm not drinking any wine today.  It's sacrilegious to not drink wine on Whine and Wine Wednesday.  I totally get that.  However, I have freaking 26.2 miles to finish in a few days.  I must HYDRATE.  Also, I fully plan on having a couple of glasses of vino on Friday night in the windy city.  And on Sunday evening....it's on!

Let me set the stage....

We have six people in a two bedroom suite.  Five girls....and Doug.  Doug is the only one not running the marathon.  On Sunday night he has strict instructions to keep our wine glasses full!  We have only one bathroom.  He has also been told he must go to the lobby to poop.  Only girl poop is allowed in the suite! 

Sounds reasonable don't you think?

Here's the forecast so far for Chicago.  High of 74 on marathon Sunday.  A bit warm, but not horrible.
Ms. Thang, Talia asked me to pick up this Texas bandanna for her yesterday.  I'm not sure what she plans on doing with it.  Perhaps this is all she is wearing for the race?
Listen there...come on back here tomorrow. I have super, duper exciting news to share.  No hints.  Just do as you're told and be back here tomorrow.  Kapish? 

Happy Whining and Wineing!

--Have a glass for me tonight, please! --

15 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a glass of wine for you!! Good luck in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this warm weather we are having here in Chicago this week!! Even though it has been a bit warm the weather in the morning has been cool(between 45-55). You guys are going to ROCK it!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you girls! Kick @ss on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you are excused from today's wine drinking IF you make up for it after your marathon! I can't wait to hear about it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found you guys from RLAM. I am doing Chicago this weekend too! Good luck and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read about you two this morning on RLAM, you are hilarious!! Good Luck on Sunday. I ran Chicago the year it got cancelled half way through due to the heat. Looks like a perfect forecast. You go girls and enjoy your wine afterwards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you guys thru RLAM! Best of luck for your marathon on Sunday. I will have a glass especially for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Christa - Thanks...and what wine where you sipping on?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Karenn77 - Yes it's a bit warmer than I would like...but I guess training in 100 degree weather will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Vanessa - Thanks for excusing us...just this one week..promise! Oh and believe me...we WILL make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Rene - Thanks and good luck to you also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Louise - Thanks...I had no idea it was once cancelled due to heat! That stinks! Glad the weather looks pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @eLBie - Welcome...and go ahead and have two glasses for us if you don't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete