Sunday, October 16, 2011

No time to blog, but....

I leave for Indianapolis in 4 hours.  I have to finish packing.  My house is a mess.  I have laundry to do.  I need to go buy groceries for the family.  I haven't even finished arranging after school transportation for the kids next week.  Perhaps I should stop blogging and get busy!

Yesterday we had a family day at Six Flags.

It was HOT yesterday.  Everyone but me was super excited about getting soaking wet.

We rode a few coasters, but it was crowded & some rides had 2+ hour waits.  No bueno!

The girl child.

I have no idea why I thought having my large ass in the air was a good idea.

I made a friend. 

He wasn't sure what to do with my mad self portrait skills.

And ladies (and Brian), this hunk-a, hunk-a burning love is all mine.  Hands off!
Now I'm off to get ready to fly off in a jet plane.  My burning question is this.

What destination race should I consider for 2012.  I'm open to a half or full marathon.  I think I prefer a winter or spring event, but will look at all options.  Give me your suggestions so I can research!  Of course, if you are going to be there that could help persuade me!

16 comments:

  1. Disney's Wine and Dine seems like a good fit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicago's Half, Sept. 9th, 2012. My birthday weekend and a crew of bitchy runners are making the trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How bout a partial-destination race: the Austin half on 2/19. It wouldn't be expensive to travel, so you could still do another race later in the year too :) do it, do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should venture to beautiful Grand Rapids, Michigan! the 25k is in May is an awesome race..you probably never ran that as a race distance yet( just an assumption):-)
    Just is case you want to read all about it:
    http://www.53riverbankrun.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Six Tunnels to Hoover Dam Half in March. Disney Wine and Dine Half in Oct. I am a "maybe" for the spring, having done it before. Depends on my need for redemption. And a definite in the fall.

    The Kidless Kronicles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Country Music has the best crowd support of any race I've run but VA Beach Shamrock Marathon has been by far my most favorite race. It has the best course and music...even better than all the Rock 'n Roll races I've done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote Seattle Rock'n'Roll or Wine & Dine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kansas City "Rock the Parkway" April 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indianapolis 500 Festival Mini-Marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vermont City Marathon May2012
    or Middlebury Maple Half April 2012

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the races are outrageously expensive but come to Orlando for any of the half or full Disney races! There are several throughout the year -- and you guys could do the relay at Wine and Dine at Epcot (it's in October)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seattle 2012! I am doing the half only though!

    And then Las Vegas 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seattle - its gonna be a party! Also Tulsa Route 66 in November.

    ReplyDelete
  14. San Diego Rock n' Roll Half!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm all signed up for the Surf City Marathon in Huntington Beach, California on 2/5/2012!

    It's got a lot going for it... it's WINTER (as you'd requested), there is a BEACH involved... AND there are vineyards nearby!!

    I'm just saying!!
    Good times to be had by ALL!

    ReplyDelete