Thursday, October 6, 2011

Full Circle Moment!

Today is such a full circle moment for the Bitchy Runners!

Almost a year ago today Randee was laid off from work.

What do you mean you no longer need my pole dancing services?
I was just fat and lazy. 

All I wanna do is drink wine and eat hummus.  Is that so bad?
 We decided we would start working out together, 4:45am EVERY weekday morning.

Then, the sister-in-law came to town and rocked our world.

I just ran the Chicago Marathon and read the best book ever!  Don't you wish you were as kick ass as me?
****DRUM ROLL****
 I read the "Run Like a Mother" book and decided I could conquer the world.  Suddenly I had motivation pouring out of my ass.  I was ready to RUN!

Randee you gotta read this book.  You have nothing else to do, you ain't got no job!
Randee reads the book.  For exactly 4.5 seconds she stopped being a bitch and was ready to RUN!

Come on Angie, let's do this!
So, with a combination of Alecia's love for the Chicago Marathon and the "Run Like a Mother" book, the Bitchy Runners decided to run the 2011 Chicago Marathon.

We have to run how many miles in training?
No one ever told me a marathon was 26.2 miles.
This year long marathon training journey has definitely been an adventure.  Lots of sweat.  Gallons of coffee.  Buckets of water.  Packets of GU.  Moments of chaffing. Tons of Bitching.  And memories Galore!

We gotta train in the freezing temps and snow?
Did we have to pick the hottest summer on record in Texas to train for a marathon?
And no one told me I was gonna be shitting in the woods when I signed up for this marathon!
Oh, but there were some good times!

Like the day you bitches drug me out of bed from my new boy toy to run 10 miles with a hang over.
Or like the morning I got carried away in handcuffs during the Gay Pride parade.
Bitching while sipping coffee in downtown Fort Worth almost made me like running.
Training for a marathon is an experience.  It teaches you what you're really made of.  It challenges your will power.  It shows you what determination really is.  It's a commitment of time, sacrifice and pain.  It brings you extremely close to those that make the journey with you.  It makes you proud of yourself and question your own sanity all at the same time.

Today the Bitchy Runners are featured on the Another Mother Runner blog.  It is such an honor.  It makes this week before marathon even more exciting.  Go check it out! 

Tomorrow the bitches head to Chicago.  Believe me, you will think you are there with us.  I plan on taking pictures galore and blogging every moment.  I want to soak it all in.  I want to enjoy the experience.  I want to be proud of myself for following through with this goal.  I want to be a marathoner!

See you tomorrow.....from Chicago!

26 comments:

  1. LMAO. You ladies crack me up.

    So excited to read your recap of Chicago!! Good luck and HAVE FUN. You know my crazy legs are down her in Florida cheering all of you on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock it ladies... make 26.2 YOUR bitch!

    YourDougie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hysterical post! Love it! Run Bitches Run! You will rock it.....We are all cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just heard of you ladies through the Run Like a Mother blog. And you guys are f*ing hilarious! Definitley a blog I could habitually read. Good luck with the marathon. Although I hate training for them, marathons are my favorite to run. Enjoy the wonderful city that is Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you to go to Chicago!!! I live about 2 hours south of there and I'll be thinking of you Sunday morning! Please eat the following: Portillo's, Mr. Beef, Harry Caray's (on Navy Pier is beautiful), Ditka's (your husband will love you) and Lou Malnati's.

    DON'T eat at Grand Lux Cafe, ick it's like a worse Cheese Cake Factory. Very pretty on the inside but lame food.

    Or you could concentrate on sight seeing and running, but I'm always about the food.... whoops! Good thing I run :)

    GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!!!! You will OWN this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap, this is one of the funniest pre-marathon blog entries EVER!

    Best of luck to both of y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL to the pole dancing services. Make sure Randee knows we will always need those.

    Good luck in Chicago! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh good luck this weekend!!! can't wait to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Alecia - See you tomorrow! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Michelle - Thanks! Won't be long and it'll be your turn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @MyDougie - Love you...and make sure our glasses are never empty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jen - welcome! Hope you will habitually keep coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Amanda - thanks for the food advice. Food and Wine...nothing else really maters!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Victoria - Thanks...luckily we enjoy making fun of ourselves and posting only super flattering photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @DEM - Thanks...believe me...everyone will know about every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty much insanely jealous of you and everyone else running Chicago. Have a great time! And a lot of wine. Can't wait for the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Amanda Thanks for the tips! Hope we can work one of those in! I am big fan of the Italian beef sandwiches there, which we do not have here in Texas (well not like there anyways).

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck ladies. Hope it is the easiest run you have ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Came here from RLAM, but you ladies had me at 'shitting in the woods.'

    Good luck with your 26.2 mile victory lap, you will NEVER be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best of luck! Enjoy every minute =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved see you on RLAM! You girls rock! Have fun this weekend and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Um yeah, just found you through RLAM. Sorta fell in love. You gals crack me up. Good luck with Boston. Cant wait to hear all about it! Whoo to the hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I meant chicago. I have 3 damn kids. I barely remember to wipe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Okay, now I have to go read the book! I bought it but I NEVER read.... except for blogs with lots of fun photos. But perhaps this book will make me awesome, too?

    ReplyDelete