Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three Thrills Thursday

Marathon Training Week 8 - Day 4

We have actually missed an entire week of training.  I did one three mile run and some pilates.  Randee let Jillian kick her and her husband's butt a few times.  So today we decided to ease ourselves back into reality with a three mile run and LOTS of chatting.  Six days apart and we had a LOT to catch up on!

Me and my vacation muffin top ready to run.

Randee was wishin' I would have taken just one more day of vacation!
We ended up doing three 10ish pace miles.  We started slow, but ended with a descent pace.  It was in the 80's at 4:45am, so a very HOT run.

Thrill 1:

I WANT NEED this red skirt!

From the August 2011 issue of Runner's World that I received today!
I have searched the internet like a mad woman and can't find this skirt!  I REALLY need it.  If you come across it please let me know where I can find it.  If you are in a store and see it, go ahead and grab me a medium.  I promise to pay you back!  Randee and I both think we would look super cute in matching red skirts running Chicago!  Don't you agree?  I'm actually thinking that black and white poke-a-dot headband is pretty darn cute also.  Maybe I need one of those too!

Thrill 2:

I'm wishin' I was still at the beach!

My mad self portrait skills on the beach.
I could live at the beach!  It is so relaxing.  Do you know that country song....Toes in the Water...Ass in the sand...not a worry in the world....cold beer in my hand...life is good today..?  Yeah, I could totally do that full time!  Except I don't want any hurricanes.  Just perfect weather.  Okay?  Thanks.

Thrill 3:

Remember the other day when I threw a bit of a temper tantrum because blogger lost my amazing post?  Well, I'm pretty sure it was that day that I wrote about Cheri's birthday.  So just to make sure you all wish Ms. Cheri a happy birthday....late as it might be....let me write it again.  It was Cheri's birthday.  Randee decided to invite herself and Cheri over for a glass of wine to celebrate.



Doug busted out the champagne and Cheri got to town.  It was her birthday after all!


What's thrilling in your life this week?  Wish Cheri a happy belated birthday.  And most importantly, find me that dang red skirt!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Shit talk'n, face punch'n Cheri!!!

    ReplyDelete