Monday, April 25, 2011

Redneck Easter

And moving on to Easter Sunday.....

The family always goes to my parent's house for lunch and an Easter egg hunt.  My grandparents started this tradition when we were little.

This year Trent decided he was to old to hunt eggs, so he did the hiding.

Audrie and Alaurie did the hunting.
Alecia from Tin Can Treader did the drinkin'.
Doug screamed like a girl when he found this instead of an egg...

We were all looking at this enormous spider when it slithered down into its hole.  Nasty!
Then Alecia had the wild idea to have a family egg toss contest.

Me and my uncle got 2nd place.  I'm pretty sure my cousin and nephew were playing with a hard boiled egg.
The adorable Braden.
Mom got these sexy glasses for the kids.  We decided they looked better on us.
We have the traditional Easter Pinata.  Well, we did.  This year dad goofed.  He got what looked like a Pinata, but there is no place to put the candy.

So he gave it to Audrie.  And I had to drive home with this scary Hannah Montana looking thing next to me.  I got lots of crazy looks on the highway.
Doug had the bright idea to ride his motorcycle instead of in the car with us.
It is about an hour drive back home.

There were storm clouds and lighting all around us most of the way home.
Thankfully we made it home without even a sprinkle.  Tornado Watches were in effect about 5 miles West of us for several miles. 

After putting the kids to bed, Doug and I set outside drinking wine and watching the storms for a couple of hours.  It was a perfect way to end a great weekend!

Randee is out of town this week, so I'm sure there will be little training leading up to our half on Sunday.  We should be tapering anyway, right?  I guess you could say we have  been tapering since our last half on March 27th.  Oh well.  We will run.  We will finish.  We will have fun!  Oh yes, and Randee will bitch.

2 comments:

  1. Egg toss is a new tradition! If only my partner weren't a quitter, I could have won.

    ReplyDelete