Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sweet 16

It's been a whirlwind of a weekend!

Friday night we went to a mini reunion for Doug's high school graduation class.  Thanks to Facebook and living in the same area where he went to school, I knew a lot of people!  It was a great time.  A few of my favorites from the night....

Doug and Jamie having sexy time.

Cheryl and I embraced in a bear hug.

Me attacking poor Derek's head.

Jamie and I making duck lips and crazy stalker man face.

Cynthia, Cheryl and I taking self portraits.

Janell, Cynthia and I gettin' our cheese on.  Really is there anything else to do in a bar?

Dressing up the biggest cowboy in the bar with a purse.  Thanks for playing dress up with us Curtis!
Saturday morning started early with Doug purchasing a new motorcycle.  Then Randee and her kids came to swim.  Cheri joined us later and we ended up with a girls dinner at a BYOB Italian place by the house.  More fun times, but no pictures to prove it!

Now to Marathon Training Week 12 - Day 7

We had 16 miles on the schedule for today.  We decided to meet at a nearby Starbucks and run our route down a road that was about 5 miles long, with a great sidewalk and affluent neighborhoods we could zigzag through to get our mileage.  It ended up working out perfectly!

Talia and Brittany in matching blue and black.

Randee sporting her marathon outfit for a trial run.

Oh look, I have on the same outfit.  I'll do a proper review of the skirtsports outfit later, but let me say I LOVED it!  We have the ones with just the built in panties...not tights.  I'm also lovin' that iFitness hydration belt I'm sportin'.

 4:40am...and we're off!
The run started off great!  We stopped at one mile and did a quick stretch and then on we went.   It was dark, but the area was well lit.  The million dollar homes gave us something to talk about and distracted from the daunting run.

It was a warm run!  These were the conditions at 4:30am.
We took a quick picture break and a GU at mile 4.

A rather unsuccessful attempt at taking a self portrait in front of the Colleyville sign.
We have actually learned that just as the sun is starting to rise the temps drop a little and we get a nice breeze.  Today was no exception.  Just as we were reaching 8 miles it was starting to feel nice!

Market Street was at mile 8.  Perfect place to pee and refuel.  Oh yes, and take pictures!
Talia doing her pretend 'I'm about to pee pee' pose.

Then in our delirious running state of mind we thought it would be a good idea for Randee to show us the most effective way to take a dump.

Oh wait....this would work better.  I'm pretty sure the 'give yourself hemorrhoids' grunting face is optional.
Apparently Brittany found our potty entertainment very juvenile and embarrassing.  Rude.

I don't even know what this ridiculousness is!
This was our Kardashian's Christmas card pose.  Really this huge mirror in the bathroom could provide hours of entertainment for the vain and immature.
Our break was only about 10 minutes.  Seriously.  We bought some water, refilled our hydration belts, took our last GU and off we went.

The return started out well enough...but then little Brittany started having knee issues.

The more she tried to run the worse it got.  We ended up having to walk a great portion of the last six miles.  We decided it best to stay together and get everyone back to Starbucks without major knee damage!

Randee found her Chiropractor's house...or at least his car.  We contemplated knocking on the door and asking for an adjustment.  But we carried on...
It was starting to get super hot the last couple of miles.  Everyone was out of water and we would have paid $187 to use someones water hose to refill our bottles.

On a personal note I felt really good on this run.  Our running pace was around an 11:00 to 11:30.  Even having to walk I was able to maintain about a 14:00 pace.  Actually, the walking caused all of us to get achy legs.  Different muscle usage I'm guessing.  But overall...a great mental boost for me!

We finished.  We survived.  Yes we walked some, but dang if it was not still 16 miles.

Talia was outraged to find herself perspiring.  That 16 miles almost messed up her makeup.  Dang.

Apparently Brittany was unable to get up and go to the bathroom for her post run bowel movement.
Just after this picture was taken, Randee's eyes turned red and her head started spinning. Evil I tell ya. Evil.
Evil as she is....dang if she doesn't have some rockin' thigh definition.

I was all smiles until I sucked down a Venti Chocolate Milk in .09 seconds and thought I was gonna hurl. 

Did you notice we all took our shoes off.  Dang that felt good!

I went straight home and soaked in an Epson Salt bath.  Then Doug rubbed my feet

Then I put my toe stretcher thingies on.  Ohhh.  Ahhh.  That feels good!
Then I rehydrated at a wine tasting.
After the wine tasting I came home and took a two hour nap.  Feeling pretty good now.  Just HUNGRY!  Very thankful to have that run behind me!

And so much to look forward to with this lovely forecast for next week!  WTH?


  1. Nice work in the 16 miles. Melissa and I usually walk it out a little more towards the end of the run, when our bodies start feeling like they are in more pain. And, yes, first thing you do when you are done - SHOES OFF!! Total necessity.

  2. A) I am on the toilet right NOW, so thanks for the tips Randee!

    B) My 16 went really well until the last 1.5 when I hit the huge hill. It totally zapped me and I started walking a lot.

  3. "Then I rehydrated with a wine tasting" LOVE IT!

    Temps this week are going to be brutal ... eff you, August

  4. @Talia - not sure about the good times...but done son!

  5. @Carly - Shoes off was total greatness!

  6. @Alecia - a huge hill at the end of 16 miles = no bueno!

  7. @Melissa - is there really any other way to properly hydrate after a run?

  8. Woo-hoo on 16 miles!! Dang that was a hot start at 4:40am! I think I'm a little jealous that the humidity was so low. Can August please just hurry up and be over?