Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Whine and Wine Wednesday

I hope you're comfortable.  My whine list is long.

Whine:

The network at work has been down all week.  Makes working hard.  It makes blogging at work impossible.  Boo!  Not only am I behind in posting, but I am way behind in reading.

I usually find reading blogs on my phone to be a pain in the butt.  And I can never get a comment to post when I'm on my phone.

Today I discovered Pulse and so far I love it.  I can read all my blogs much easier!  I'm not sure about the commenting yet.
It is TAKS week in Texas.  This is our school state assessment.  It makes my job stressful.  It makes my kids expect a hot breakfast in the morning before school.  When you have to be at work by 7am this is quite a challenge.

Mother of the year right there.  Scrambled eggs and cinnamon toast.  I'm not sure Audrie was even awake yet.
I'm bloated.  I'm constipated.  I'm dehydrated.  I'm 10 pounds heavier then my happy weight.  Today I ordered a couple of marathon training nutrition books.  I don't want to cut calories too much while training, but I have got to get my eating back under control.

I did get lots of compliments on this outfit I wore on Tuesday.
Last night Trent broke off one arm of his glasses.  I really have no idea if it's called an arm, but that piece that connects the lens to your ear.  He broke that.  Then when I picked him up from school he had broken the other side off.  So we were off to get those fixed since he is blind and has TAKS tomorrow.  Luckily I only had to pay 1/2 price for the frames and they were able to reshape the old lenses.

Oh yes, and Randee is out of town all week.  I have not worked out.  I have slept late (if you call 5:45am late).  I have gone to bed early (I'm sure you call 8:00pm early).  And you know what?  I am grumpy.  I am tired.  I am ready for my bitchy friend to be home!!

Wine:

Well, today should actually be Whine and Mango Margarita Wednesday.  But it just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Wile we were waiting on Trent's glasses I took the kids to Chili's for dinner.

:
This mango margarita was on happy hour special and quite tasty.
I also stuffed my face with chips and salsa.  I seriously love their salsa. I had the Caribbean salad for dinner.  It was 'meh'.  Basically a head of iceberg lettuce with some chicken and dried cranberries.  I don't like iceberg lettuce and I don't like dried fruit.

Looks like I"m still whining.  I did stop by Ross on my way home from work and enjoyed my own fashion show in the dressing room.

I liked this one but thought it might be a bit too young for old me.

I got this shirt.  I love the ruching on the sides.  Makes you look skinny!

Nope.  This one just hung weird.

Nope.  This one was see trough on the boobs and clingy on the butt.

I got this one.  I love the kimono style dresses.  Now I need some cool shoes to wear with it.
This is what I wore to work today.
So we have the half marathon on Sunday.  From now till then I vow to my two faithful blog readers to:

1.  Hydrate
2.  Wake up tomorrow morning and do yoga.  All. By. Myself.
3.  Quite bitching.

Happy Whine and Wine Mango Margarita Wednesday!

P.S. Number 3 is a joke.

What's your wine and wine (or margarita) of the week?

11 comments:

  1. Please continue bitching! Also, nice shirt. Also, why does anybody even bother growing iceberg lettuce anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear which books you picked and what you think of them. I've been seeking out the same type of advice and haven't come across anything worthwhile. Please share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the part about the cinnamon toast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My whine is all the lent lickers at work who need to dig the sand out of their vaginas. It's flooring people. No one is going to die.

    And, I just ordered Hot Sweaty Mama's. It should be in any day now and then you can switch one of your books with me. Because you have quite a few that I am interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the kimono-style dress. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That app looks pretty sweet. I use the Reader app on my Droid but commenting sucks so I barely do it unless I really have something awesome to say. Well, ok...that's all the time, let me just admit it. :-)
    Oh, that kimono dress is AWEsome. I love it! And it looks SUPER flattering on you. So does the "skinny" rouching shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Laura - did you really think there was any chance I would stop bitching?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Tess - I will definitively do a book review on each of the books. They have shipped and should be here next week. I ordered 3 or 4. I can't remember! Pathetic, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Duana - Did you post this while taking a dump?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Alecia - what do I have you want? What is Sweaty Mamas? Haven't heard about it? Whats up with the sand in the vagina?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Running Girl & Paula for the compliments on the dress. Now to find some shoes and somewhere to wear it! We are taking Talia our for her birthday in a couple of weeks. That might be the inaugural wearing!

    ReplyDelete