Monday, August 8, 2011

Lingerie and Ice Cream Mustaches

Another weekend has passed.  It's Monday morning and I'm left trying to remember where the weekend went.

Saturday morning called for 8ish miles.

Talia, Brittany and I headed to White Rock Lake.
I had ran a few races at the lake, but had never gone out there just for a weekly long run.  It is pretty, but VERY crowded on the weekends.  We arrived early, around 5:30am, and it was very dark.  It wasn't too busy when we first arrived, but that changed as the sun came up.

Thank goodness Little Brittany's knee held up during the run!
Gorgeous sunrise over the water!
I have no idea why I'm stopped in the middle of trail.  I forgot my phone, which is also my camera.  I felt naked!  Thankfully Talia had hers and played photographer for the day!
For some reason I thought the trail was 8 miles.  At about 7.5 miles it became apparent that the trail must be 9 miles!  So 9 miles it was.  It was an okay run.  Not bad.  Not great.  Glad to say it was D.O.N.E.  Now to prepare for 18 miles next weekend!

In case you were wondering what happened to Randee...

She's in Minnesota at the in-laws.  My guess is she is staying drunk and entertaining the family with moves such as this.
I arrived home to the furniture delivery truck.

Audrie was super excited her new bedroom furniture had finally arrived.  So of course I had to get right to work decorating.
Saturday night Doug and I chilled on the couch with this...

Pretty darn good!
....and watched Burlesque.  Doug thought it was the worst movie ever.  I was just reminded how I'm the stereotypical white girl with NO rhythm.  Oh how I wish I could sing and dance in sexy lingerie & look good doing it.  Now that would be some good blogging material!

Oh yes, and at some point on Saturday night Doug told me that if I posted more pics like this...

...I would get more male followers.  Something to consider.
Sunday morning we headed to the water park for Trent's birthday party.

It's hard to believe that in two days my baby boy will be 11!
The kids had a blast!
Audrie made ice cream mustaches.
It's a small water park.  The kids ran off and did their own thing.  All the adults pouted because the kids left us behind.
Yesterday's high was 108.  By the time we got home we were all exhausted.  A nice long shower, followed by a nice long nap was a must.  We enjoyed a lazy evening...including more Riesling.  A great ending to a hot and busy weekend.

This week is my last week off before starting my new job.  Lots to do...including scrubbing down the baseboards and doors, touch up painting around the house, weeding the flower beds and whatever else I decide can't wait.

Just a couple of more days to enter our iFitness Belt giveaway!  The winner will be selected on Wednesday.  Stop what you're doing and go HERE now and enter!

Just Another Manic Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I've thought of taking a pole dancing class. Those girls have talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alecia has a very brilliant idea there...

    ReplyDelete