Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Whine and Wine Wednesday

Marathon Training Week 4 - Day 3

Four hill repeats was the goal for today.  It was hot and humid, as usual. 

Randee was rockin' the compression tights, trying to keep the hamstring from barkin'.

This is my 'I'm finding it hard to breath and all I did was walk outside" face.  Attractive don't you think?
We ran a warm up mile at a 10:30 pace.  Then we ran our 4 hill repeats as fast as our hot, sweaty legs would let us.

Hill 1 - 7:08 pace

Hill 2 - 6:48 pace

Hill 3 - 7:19 pace

Hill 4 - 7:05 pace

Now moving on to the good stuff....

WHINE

I'm to tired to whine this week.....but I don't want to let Duane down, so I'll find something to whine about.

Randee is at the Chiropractor as I type to see what is up with her foot, calf and hammy.  NO!  She can't get hurt.  I seriously don't know what I would do if I thought I had to train for a marathon alone!  So, hopefully she won't give me anything to whine about.

I'm sure this will be a regular whine for a while, but the heat and humidity are already horrible and horrendous!  Breathing and running at the same time lately has been nearly impossible.  Sweat is pouring from places I didn't even know existed on my body.  Lord help us.  It's not even officially summer yet!

I'm on a roll now.  Let's see what else I can find to whine about.  My house is a mess.  My life is crazy busy times ten right now.  Blah, blah, blah.

Alright, enough of that.

WINE

Oh my!  The purple section of the wine cellar is almost empty.

For those of you new to the blog, this is our wine cellar.  I'm only allowed to grab wine from the "purple section."  Look real hard.  See that tiny section outlined in purple?  The rest is "special" wine and and off limits.....to me!
The purple section was well stocked a few days ago.  But it is a possibility that over the long Memorial Day weekend several bottles were consumed with friends.  Anywho, today there were only two bottles in my section....of the same wine.  So, I guess I'm having this.


But it's a Tempranillo....my favorite....so it will work just fine!
Tonight I'm drinking to celebrate


Why do you run?

Not really.  I run for many reason.  Sanity.  Vanity.  Stress Relief.  Girl Time. 

Happy Whine and Wine Wednesday!

What's your whine and wine for the week?

Why do you run?

2 comments:

  1. 1st, your arms look stellar. That's not gay is it?

    2nd, I run for sanity and bragging rights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DuaneLovesWhosTheBossSeason2DVDCommentaryJune 2, 2011 at 12:04 AM

    Whine: Aren't you a teacher? Isn't school out yet? When will you have time to start making sammiches routinely again.

    Wine: I had more apple juice today. My "purple" section is my entire fridge(the one where food normally goes). I have roughly a dozen bottles of Riesling currently. I might even have a late harvest Moscato(provided by a most beneficent gentleman).

    ReplyDelete