Saturday, December 10, 2011

The PLAN!

We have a plan!  Randee and I have been L-A-Z-Y since Chicago.  Well, I've been lazy with a 20 mile run and a marathon thrown in for good measure.  Randee's just been lazy! (love ya Randee!)

We have had two months to miss our daily workouts, and on Monday morning we are back at it!  Not marathon training, but working out.  2012 will be the year for OPERATION BIKINI BODY.  We really need a more creative name.  You got any suggestions?

Fat Ass to Phat Ass?

Anywho, for the rest of the year we are going to work out just three days a week at 4:45am (versus 5). We will do the Jillian Michael's DVD's and some short runs.  On Saturday morning we will do our Fort Worth 3 mile loop or a yoga class (alternating between the two).

To jump start 2012, on January 2nd we are going to go for 90 days of P90X.
Lord help us not to die!
We will sign up for a few FUN races in 2012.  No more than 10K for Randee, and no more than a 15K for me.  I don't have any races planned for January, but there are a couple in February that have my interest!

I was looking back at when we started this blog.  January 9, 2011.  It's getting close to one year.  I will do a full year recap closer to that date.  Just know that this blog has caused me to lose friends, helped me to make new friends, kept me accountable, helped me laugh at myself and my running buddies and hopefully motivated at least one person to get movin'!  I've considered stopping the blog.  I've gone a month without posting. However, I think it's here to stay.  It provides me an outlet for my thoughts, no matter how juvenile they may be!  My husband says running has turned me into a 13 year old boy.  Perhaps.  It's also a great way to look back at my marathon journey.  And the journey is really what life is all about!  Life is what you make of it.  If you want to sit at home out of shape, feeling sorry for yourself and lonely, so be it.  It's your life.  You are the one who controls where life will take you.  Not those around you.  Quit blaming others and take control of YOUR LIFE.

Not sure where that rant came from, but I'm over it now!

So stick around.  The next year will include:

A little of this.
And this...
...and this.
Lots of this.
And hopefully these two will come along for the ride.
So what is your suggestion for the name of our 2012 workout plan?

3 comments:

  1. Alecia's 2012 goal: To coerce Angie to run a marathon in 2012. (I bet if her little brother does she will want to also.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this plan. 2011 was a crazy race year for everybody it seems. We all deserve a new plan of attack, and I vote for more sleep on the weekends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, what a great post. I've got nothing on the plan name front.

    ReplyDelete